Sign up for Impact X and get help preparing to teach during COVID-19 with Brightspace
A week-long summer IMPACT program, designed to help West Lafayette faculty prepare to teach during COVID-19 using the D2L Brightspace learning management system, will be offered regularly throughout the summer term to help faculty prepare to teach this summer and fall.
IMPACT X is a week-long program designed to assist faculty with course design and the move to Brightspace, and will provide access to guided resources, feedback and virtual drop-in consultation sessions to help faculty create a student-centered learning experience for their courses. Attendees will also receive instruction about setting up courses in Brightspace, which will be the University’s only learning management system this fall.
Any faculty member or instructor teaching on the West Lafayette campus is invited to join IMPACT X, even those who have participated in an IMPACT program previously.
Details about IMPACT X
- IMPACT X is a facilitated week-long program developed to distill elements of IMPACT (Instruction Matters: Purdue’s Academic Course Transformation) into a set of modules that allow engagement between faculty as well as provide direct support from the Innovative Learning team.
- Faculty work through the content while getting feedback on their design, delivery, and implementation choices, as well as help with updating their course offering for delivery in a remote environment within Brightspace.
- Modules will be delivered asynchronously, and faculty are encouraged to select modules most relevant to their specific needs.
- Faculty who team-teach a course, or those who teach the same course, are encouraged to attend during the same week to help coordinate and share materials.
- Participants of IMPACT X will receive on-going support after their week has ended to help instructors finalize their course for the fall semester.
Registrations for IMPACT X can be submitted throughout the summer, but participants are encouraged to sign up for their preferred week as soon as possible, as some weeks are likely to fill quickly.
If you have questions about if IMPACT X would be a good fit for you or your course, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To stay up-to-date with implementation plans, including specific information for the Purdue Northwest and Purdue Fort Wayne campuses, visit www.purdue.edu/learning-management.
Have questions about the Brightspace? Contact implementation team members at:
- How Purdue's spam filtering works
- Know your BoilerKey, features to help prevent, solve lockouts
- Scammers gonna scam: What you can do to prevent falling for phishing attacks during COVID-19
- Instructors should save student data from Blackboard, as campus transitions to Brightspace
- Faculty member’s advice for Brightspace: Get started now (it'll be worth your time)
- New online proctoring tool offered for summer session