Zoom account consolidation to begin Aug. 20
If you signed up for a Zoom account using your Purdue email address, your account will be consolidated into the Purdue environment on Aug. 20 as part of the agreement Purdue made with Zoom.
Zoom users will soon receive an email from email@example.com to approve the account consolidation process.
For those with an existing premium Zoom account, please fill out this form before the Aug. 20 deadline. To use Zoom within Brightspace, existing premium accounts will need to be consolidated prior to the start of the semester. Those with free accounts, however, can wait for the consolidation email.
Zoom, a remote conferencing tool, is offering licenses to Purdue users at a price 70 percent off the regular rate and 50 percent lower than the educational bulk rate. For more information about the Zoom/Purdue agreement, visit the Zoom FAQ.
The deadline will mark the beginning of the consolidation of @purdue.edu, @pnw.edu and @pfw.edu Zoom accounts. Once the consolidation begins, current Zoom users, both free and paid, will receive an email from Zoom asking to confirm the Purdue email address. Zoom will continue to work as expected, but those who have not confirmed their email address will continue to be prompted to do so.
Requests for new, paid Zoom accounts can be made after the deadline, but it is important that any existing premium accounts be migrated to the new environment to ensure a smooth transition for fall semester instruction.
Last updated: 8/14/2020
- How Purdue's spam filtering works
- Know your BoilerKey, features to help prevent, solve lockouts
- Scammers gonna scam: What you can do to prevent falling for phishing attacks during COVID-19
- Instructors should save student data from Blackboard, as campus transitions to Brightspace
- Faculty member’s advice for Brightspace: Get started now (it'll be worth your time)
- New online proctoring tool offered for summer session